ECA-R(1) – Buildings and Grounds Security – (Regulation)
Regulations for buildings and grounds security:
- Unlimited access is available to:
- The superintendent
- The board secretary
- The superintendent of building or the head custodian
- The Athletic Director
- Limited access is available to:
- Building principals to their assigned building
- Head building custodians to their assigned building
- Extracurricular sponsors or supervisors for their area or activity
Possession of keys shall be in accordance with the following regulations:
- A log of key assignments shall be maintained by the office of the Superintendent or other designated designee.
- Duplicate keys unassigned shall be maintained in a safe or a secured box.
- Individuals assigned keys may not duplicate or loan them.
- All keys must be surrendered when there is no longer a need or upon request of the Superintendent.
- The loss of a key must be reported to the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- Use of keys for unauthorized purposes will be cause for surrender of keys and replacement of affected locks.
- A set of master keys and/or duplicates of keys shall be kept in the custody of the Superintendent or his/her designee.
After hours entry to school buildings shall be controlled in accordance with these rules:
- The building custodian on duty shall restrict entry to one controlled point.
- Entry to a school building shall be prohibited when a person authorized as representative for the building is not present.
- These rules shall be prominently posted on each school building.