JA- Student Goals
The student is the focal point of all operations of a school district, consequently, the board will spend much of its time in study, deliberation, and policy formulation on matters directly related to students.
The Board and staff will work together to establish an environment conducive to the best learning achievements for each student through meeting the following goals regarding students.
1. To tailor the learning program in order to provide appropriately for each student according to his or her specific background, capabilities, learning styles, interests, and aspirations;
2. To protect and observe the legal rights of students;
3. To enhance the self-image of each student by helping him or her feel respected and worthy through a learning environment that provides positive encouragement through frequent success;
4. To provide an environment of reality in which students can learn personal and civic responsibility for their actions through meaningful experiences as school citizens;
5. To deal with students in matters of discipline in a just and constructive manner;
6. To provide for the safety, health, and welfare of students;
7. To promote faithful attendance and good work.