CIA – Principal Job Description
- Certificate required.
- Degree(s) required.
- Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
REPORTS TO: Person designated by the Board or the Superintendent.
SUPERVISES: Staff members designated by the Board or the Superintendent
JOB GOAL: To use leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills so as to promote the educational development of each student.
- Interprets and enforces district policies and administrative regulations.
- Participates in the selection and supervision of all school personnel.
- Leads in the development, determination of appropriateness, and monitoring of the instructional program.
- Organizes and administers the public relations program for his school.
- Supervises the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and nonacademic purposes.
- Provides for adequate inventories of property under his jurisdiction and for the security and accountability for that property.
- Approves the master teaching schedule and any special assignments.
- Prepares and administers the school budget and supervises school finances.
- Supervises the maintenance of all required records and reports.
- Maintains active relationships with students and parents.
- Supervises all activities and programs that are outgrowths of the school’s curriculum.
- Assumes responsibility for all official school correspondence and news releases.
- Serves as a member of such committees and attends such meetings as the Superintendent shall direct.
- Serves as an ex officio member of all committees and councils within his school.
- Responds to written and oral requests for information.
- Keeps his supervisor informed of events and activities of an unusual nature as well as routine matters related to the supervisor’s accountability.
- Assumes responsibility for his own professional growth and development through membership and participation in the affairs of professional organizations, through attendance at regional, state, and national meetings, through enrollment in advanced courses, and the like.
- Evaluates all staff members under his supervision according to statute and Board policy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-, eleven-, or twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
|Reviewed and agreed to by: (Incumbent)||Date:|