FEA – Educational Specifications
To ensure that facilities being planned are designed best to implement the educational program, the Superintendent will provide for the establishment of educational specifications to apply when planning, building or renovating school facilities.
The educational specifications will include:
- A description of the needs of persons to use the facility;
- The kinds of educational activities to be provided in the facility;
- The appropriate kinds and amounts of furniture and equipment needed;
- The consideration of location of facilities with regard to the educational and administrative needs (e.g., band room and library; playing fields and locker rooms; front office and general school control; and student traffic patterns);
- Special site considerations for esthetics, vehicle traffic patterns, cooperative community use, and the like;
- Required standards of construction to assure that the facility is readily accessible to and usable by handicapped persons;
- Any other kinds of unique information that will give guidance to an architect in developing facility plans.