FEB – Selection of Architect
The Board will employ a licensed architect to design the plans of each proposed building, building addition, or extensive renovation. For remodeling or the building of new facilities, that are 5,000 square feet or less, the Board does not need to hire a qualified licensed architect.
In selecting architects, the following criteria will be considered:
- Experience in school construction;
- Evidence of relevant experience in special situations, such as facilities for the handicapped;
- Creative design ability;
- Technical knowledge to control the design so that the best results are obtained for the least amount of money;
- Executive and business ability to oversee the proper performance of contracts;
- Proven ability in all of the major phases of planning and construction: pre-design planning, schematic design, design development, bidding, construction;
- Ability and temperament to work cooperatively with others;
- Willingness to consult with staff on educational specifications;
- Extent and experience of architectural staff in relation to the scope of the planned project.
The architect will be selected by the Board on the basis of the above criteria and will be employed under a contract, which meets the current standards of the American Institute of Architects.
The Board will approve procedures that it will use in the selection of architects and a statement of the architect’s responsibilities.