HD - School Board Negotiating Powers and Duties
The Board has a duty to bargain in good faith with recognized staff units on wages and other conditions of employment. It also has the privilege to refuse to negotiate in certain areas.
The Board will not:
- Interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of their right to organize.
- Dominate, interfere or assist with the formation, existence, or administration of any employees’ bargaining agent, or contribute to its financial support.
- Discriminate in employment or tenure or in any condition of employment to encourage or discourage membership in any employee organization.
- Discharge or otherwise discriminate with regard to any employee because he signed or filed any affidavit, petition, or complaint pursuant to the negotiations law.
- Refuse to negotiate in good faith.
- Fail or refuse to comply with any provision of state law relating to negotiations.