IGBB - Programs for Gifted Students
Students with superior academic ability will be given an opportunity for greater educational challenge by means of district programs for the gifted.
Academically gifted students are those who have been identified as being capable of more challenging work than that offered in the regular curriculum.
The parent or guardian of any gifted student must grant his or her consent as a prerequisite for the student’s participation in the program for the gifted.
Included among offerings for gifted students may be:
- Special classes organized for gifted students;
- Special counseling or instruction outside regular classes;
- Enrichment in regular classes;
- Tutoring and correspondence course;
- Advanced grade or class placement;
- Attendance in college of junior college classes.