BBC – BOARD MEMBER RESIGNATION/REMOVAL FROM OFFICE
According to the provisions of state law, a vacancy occurs on the School Board when an incumbent:
2. Is removed from office;
3. Fails to qualify as provided by law;
4. Ceases to be a resident of the district, or representation area, where elected;
5. Is convicted of an infamous crime or of any offense involving a violation of the official oath of office;
6. Has a judgment obtained against him for breach of official bond;
7. Becomes incapable of attending to the duties of a board member;
8. Assumes the duties of an office incompatible with the duties of the board member;
9. Resigns and a successor is appointed and qualified as prescribed by law.
The resigning member will continue to serve in his or her official capacity as a Board member until the successor is appointed and qualified as prescribed by law.