Appointments to unexpired terms will be made by the board as follows:
1. An announcement of the vacancy will be published in the official newspaper.
2. The announcements will invite individuals to submit applications or nominations to the Board by a date set by the Board. An application form may be obtained at the school business office.
3. The Board will meet in executive session to discuss qualifications, interests, attitudes, and goals of the potential candidate.
4. The Board will interview potential appointees in executive session.
5. The appointment of the new member will be made by a majority of the Board members at an open meeting.
6. Action on the appointment will be included on the published agenda for the meeting.