The president will preside at all meetings of the Board and will perform other duties as directed by law, state regulations and by this Board. In carrying out these responsibilities the president will:
1. Countersign all orders drawn by the business manager for claims approved by the Board;
2. Appoint or provide for the election of all committees, of which he or she will be an ex-officio member;
3. Confer with the superintendent as may be necessary and desirable on school or related matters;
4. Call special meetings of the Board;
5. Be entitled to vote and discuss on all matters before the Board; and
6. Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board.
The Vice-President of the Board will assume the duties and responsibilities of the President in his or her absence. He or she will also perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board.