The Board recognizes that there may be some high school students who exhibit exceptional academic progress and who are capable of performing college-level work while enrolled in high school. In order to encourage these students to their fullest capabilities, assistance will be given to these students to enroll in advanced courses.

Advanced placement courses may be offered by the district provided a sufficient number of students request a particular course and qualify for it, and that a staff member qualified to teach it is available.

If a particular course is not offered by the district, a qualified high school student may enroll in a college-level course offered by an approved college or university, and may be released from high school attendance for such hours as are required for the college course(s). If the student wishes to receive high school credit for the course, he may request permission from his principal, who will recommend to the Superintendent that the course apply to high school graduation requirements.