The Board realizes its responsibility to help protect and improve the health of students. The Board, therefore, will utilize the services of a nurse to coordinate school health services. The nurse, with cooperation from school administrators, will be responsible for organizing dental, medical, and immunization clinics for students within the school district.
Student health services will include the following:
1. Counseling for students, parents, and others concerning the findings of health examinations.
2. Help in preventing and controlling disease.
3. Emergency service for injury and sudden illness.
4. Consultation with parents and appropriate staff on the health of students.
5. Maintenance of health records for all students.
6. Assessment and implementation of services for students with special needs, administration of medications and performance of specialized health care procedures.
The services shall include assessment and implementation of services for students with special needs, administration of medications and performance of specialized health care procedures.
Of necessity, the health services provided will be limited largely to the detection and prevention of health problems, referral of problems through parents to the family physician, and emergency care.
Liability insurance will be provided employees to cover actions authorized by law.